Great Ways to Use Pumpkins
1. Seat Placement
Set a tiny pumpkin place marker at settings to add a festive touch to your fall table setting.
- Write the names of your guests with a permanent marker on each graceful gourd.
- Pumpkins come in a variety of sizes and shapes, so if orange clashes with your color scheme seek out pumpkins in more neutral tones such as ivory or white.
- In addition to small gatherings, pumpkin place cards are also a charming way to greet guests at a large bash, such as a wedding.
2. Soup’s On
It may look like something you’d see in a 5-star gourmet restaurant, but you can easily pull off this dish in the comfort of your own home.
- Simply select bowl-sized pumpkins, cut off the tops, scoop out the seeds, and roast in an oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Voila! Edible tureens for your fall soup.
3. Flower Power
While pumpkins make sweet, simple decorations on their own, they can also be festively functional.
- Select a medium-sized pumpkin, slice off the top and carve out the flesh and seeds.
- Insert a small vase or another watertight container into the base of the pumpkin, add water, and create your own artful display of autumn flowers, berries, and branches.
4. Beyond the Happy Face
At some point in your life you’ve undoubtedly carved or painted a face onto a pumpkin, but why stop there?
- Paint offers endless options for decorating. From gold glitter to stripes and polka dots, these edible art pieces add curb appeal or a festive touch to any interior.
- If you’re feeling ambitious, paint an original greeting across a series of pumpkins.
5. Light it Up
This twinkle-lit take puts a fresh spin on tradition.
- Prepare the pumpkin as you would for a jack-o-lantern, but instead of a carving out face, poke a series of holes in a random pattern or special design.
- Drop-in an electric candle and prepare to dazzle.
- Candles with timer features ensure that masterpieces glow well into the night.
6. Create Autumn Garland
A piece of twine and the tiniest pumpkins you can find are all you need to pull off this look.
- Attach the miniature pumpkins by their stalks to the twine, then bedeck your mantel, entryway, or stair banister with this seasonal swag.
While pumpkins are beautiful in their natural state, they can also be dressed up for special occasions. Autumn is the perfect time to try one of these fun projects and repurpose pumpkins into striking design elements.