Butternut Squash Bisque
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper plus more for garnish (optional)
- Coarse salt
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sour cream, for serving
In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add onion, garlic, thyme, cinnamon, and cayenne. Season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add squash, broth, half-and-half, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until squash is tender about 20 minutes.
Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt. Serve bisque with sour cream, garnished with cayenne, if desired.
Cranberry, Fig, & Walnut Stuffing
Ready In: 1 hour
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 loaf hearty herb bread (6 1/2 cups, cut in 1/2″ cubes )
- 1 cranberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 unsweetened apple juice
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 dried figs (chopped)
- 1 walnut (toasted in a hot dry skillet)
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage (chopped)
- 3 olive oil
- 1 Organic Low Fat Smooth & Creamy Plain
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9×11 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl and set aside.
Put cranberries in a saucepan with 1/4 cup of apple juice over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil. Cranberries will start to pop and split. Remove from heat, drain and add to bread cubes Next add onion, figs, walnuts, and sage.
In another bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of apple juice and olive oil. And yogurt, salt, and pepper to apple juice mixture. Toss yogurt mixture into bread mixture. Press into a prepared baking dish or stuff into whatever you are stuffing. If cooking in a baking dish, bake for 45-50 minutes.